KFP 3: Learning Organisation
To be resilient, an organisation needs to ensure that learning and development is at the heart of all that they do. Developing a learning organisation is the third Key Foundational Principle. A learning organisation is one in which:
- Beliefs, goals and objectives, are underpinned by a set of shared values, principles and behaviours
- Individuals, teams and the organisation have opportunities to reflect on practice and learn from experience
- There is an evidence-informed approach to improving practice and managing change, with individual input actively encouraged
- Challenges provide learning opportunities, rather than lead to individual blame
- People have the freedom to speak up to raise concerns without feeling compromised, blamed or victimised.
For information including tasks, strategies and quick wins download the KFP 3 Learning Organisation section of the workbook.